ENGAGING SOUND WORKSHOP
What does it look like to engage instrumental music in our everyday lives with God?
Inviting the Holy Spirit and intentionally savoring sound is a spiritual discipline and practice that can lead us into deep fellowship with God. In Engaging Sound, we want to empower you with resources to engage instrumental music. Your heart can learn to speak the language of melody and rhythm, even if you’re not a musician.
COVERED IN THIS WORKSHOP
In this course, Jonathan & Melissa Helser, Molly Skaggs, and Joel Case teach practical tools and share personal stories on being affected by God’s presence in music. This workshop will give you practical resources on emotional health, tension and relief, savoring sound, processing grief, and practicing generosity with others through the pathway of instrumental music.
This workshop includes every song from our new instrumental album, Generosity: The Sound of Cultivate.
Overview of Each Lesson :
- The Head to Heart Journey: Jonathan Helser teaches about honest prayer, engaging music to access your emotions and giving God permission to transform your inner world.
- The Clarity Winter Brings: Melissa Helser unpacks the meaning of “The Clarity Winter Brings” and shares how music is a tool for God to reframe the winter seasons of your life.
- The Father’s Song: Jonathan Helser shares about the joy of becoming a parent and prompts you to engage wonder in God’s creation through music.
- Savoring Sound: Molly Skaggs explores the art of intentional listening, connecting to God’s beauty, and what it means to let your heart have the privilege of enjoying.
- Music is a River: Joel Case leads you through how God can bring relief to the tension in your life through music.
- Generosity: Melissa Helser reveals how music can be a launchpad to let the love of God overflow from your heart into the world.
WHAT YOU'LL GET WHEN YOU ENROLL
- 3+ hours of video content in 6 lessons.
- Access to our new instrumental album, Generosity: The Sound of Cultivate.
- Downloadable PDF of the Engaging Sound prompts.
- Downloadable PDF of The Feeling Wheel (a tool taught in this course).
Engaging Sound is an online workshop designed to empower you to build connection with God through music and listening. Inviting the Holy Spirit and intentionally savoring sound is a spiritual discipline and practice that can lead us into abundant fellowship with the Father.
In this course, Jonathan and Melissa Helser, Molly Skaggs, and Joel Case lead you through prompts to receive God’s perspective, process emotions, find relief, practice generosity and more through the avenue of sound. This workshop is filled with practical tools, personal stories, and will lead you through each song on our new instrumental album, Generosity: The Sound of Cultivate.
- 3+ hours of video content in 6 lessons
- Access to our new instrumental album, Generosity: The Sound of Cultivate
- Downloadable PDF of the Engaging Sound prompts
- Downloadable PDF of The Feeling Wheel
- Free enrollment in "Journaling the Voice of the Lord" course
Yes, our workshops are designed to be self-paced.
You can come back to the lessons as often as you’d like.
No matter who you are or where you’re from, if you desire to experience God deeply through music and want to do the rewarding work of tending to your heart, Engaging Sound is for you.
When we still our hearts to savor a piece of instrumental music and tune into the presence of Jesus, it has the potential to radically shift our world.
Throughout Scripture, we are shown how instrumental music invites a movement of God’s presence. When Elisha was brought in to prophesy before kings, he said, “‘But now bring me a musician.’ And when the musician played, the hand of the Lord came upon him” (II Kings 3:15-16, ESV). Instrumental music opened Elisha up to the movement of the Holy Spirit and led him to prophesy.
Generosity: The Sound of Cultivate is the newest instrumental album from the Cageless Birds. As a community of creatives, we’ve taken the values we explored through written word in our Cultivate books and have captured their unique essence through music. We want to share some of the pillars of our ministry through the power of music and offer it as a meeting place between God’s heart and yours.
1 THE HEAD TO HEART JOURNEY
2 THE CLARITY WINTER BRINGS
3 FLY HIGH BUILD HOME
4 CREATIVITY UNLOCKED
5 THE ART OF CONNECTION
Though it is recommended to have the workbook, it is not necessary to complete the Engaging Sound online workshop.